Small Business of the Year Award Winner
South County Physical Therapy
For 45 years South County Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Center, Inc. has been the #1 source for effective and trusted physical therapy for Port Arthur and surrounding communities. Locally owned and operated by a family known for integrity and service.
Roy Culver Sr. Founded South County in 1966 to respond to the need for outpatient physical therapy in this area. South County Physical THerapy was the 1st outpatient physical therapy facility in this area and has remained the leader in care despite many changes and challenges faced in the health care field.
- In January 2012, after 45 years in original location, South County Physical Therapy opened a brand new State of the Art facility to handle the growing needs in industrial medicine, sports medicine and expanding our services in the areas of orthopedic injuries, post surgical rehab, pre surgical strengthening or pre hab, spine related problems, stroke rehab, hand injuries, wound care, pre work and return to work screening and custom exercise programs for any skill level.
- At SCPT we actually care about the whole person, not just the area of injury. We strive to treat each patient with respect, courtesy, professionalism and compassion.
- We accept most insurances including: Texas Healathspring, Medicare, Workers Compensation, private pay and we even offer Care Credit to assist patient's in managing their healthcare cost.
- In June we will celebrate 46 years of serving the people of Mid and South Jefferson County.
- Since opening in 1966, we have offered students observance time and even hired many students that later went on to become Professionals in the healthcare field. In that field we have had:
7 Physical Therapy Assistants
4 Physical Therapist
1 Occupational Therapist
- South County Physical Therapy has employed many people during the course of 46 years, all are like family, but Eddie Woods Jr. has been with the company since day 1.
- South County Physical Therapy is still Your Step In the Right Direction, Since 1966.
Groves Laundry Basket
Small Business of the Year Award Recipient
The service charges its fees by the pound so it's more affordable and they offer pick-up and delivery service to all Groves, Port Arthur, Nederland and Port Neches Areas. The business is also a drop-off station for clothing requiring dry cleaning services for Estelle's Cleaners in Nederland.
Hurricane Ike left the area with many dark days without power and an unforgettable smell in the air and on everything it left behind, including our first responders uniforms. Sarah and her husband Jim were amongst those first responders who returned as soon as possible for they knew they could offer the other responders something no other business could..... clean laundry. After the city lined up a generator, Sarah and Jim got busy washing police and fire fighter uniforms for Groves and several surrounding cities. They soon expanded services to Motiva and Total to clean their work gear. As power was turned on in more locations, the word spread fast that the Groves Laundry Basket was open for business. Families from Bridge began bringing in garbage bags filled with family quilts, formals, other clothing heirlooms, even teddy bears and dolls.
After a huge surge of business that the aftermath of hurricane Ike brought, business fell off, and Sarah knew she had to be more creative in her targeting her customers. So she contacted Christus St. Mary's Hospital and soon began cleaning the robes worn by women having mammograms. She has also branched off to servicing ship crews at the Port of Port Arthur. She also continues to reach out to the Port Arthur industrial and petrochemical sector by offering services to clean their Nomex outer wear.